11.21.2009

Ultra

At the beginning of November, after we'd gone to Disneyland with our good friends the day before, we had our first 8-week ultrasound. Sonography, the technique which uses Ultrasound to create these images for expectant mothers, is a relatively old procedure, in tech-terms. From what I found, they started using it back in 1964, just 10 years before I was born.

The technique of bouncing sound and collecting the echo for range analysis is similar to the way bats see.



The little, blurry lima-bean nestled in the dark circle is our soon-to-be gromit. Unable to be seen in the photo is the tiny, rapid blinking of our "shinobaby's" heart beat.

On a Thursday, at about five o'clock, I wept into my hands and thanked God for the life that is stirring inside my wife.

No comments: